Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our specials today are. . .

Memo to political detractors: Get Your Wines Straight.

Honestly. This current flappette over Barack Obama's remarks about small town life (read: Pennsylvania) is backwashing over, wait for it, the San Francisco area. Naturally. Obama made the remarks here two weeks ago and the right-wing (and Clinton campaign, honest-to-god) has had at us "San Francisco Democrats" ever since.

San Francisco Democrats? Doesn't that have a positively 1984-ish "vibe"to it? Paging Mondale/Ferraro.

OK, VR-W Conspiracy, go for it. Keeps you off the streets. But, hells-bells (as my sainted Kansas mom used to say when pushed to the edge), let's strive for a modicum of accuracy.

About wines. Pat Buchanan, self-anointed and appointed right wing whiner par excellence has seen fit to label us "The brie and chablis set". Hmmmm. I personally have not seen a wheel of brie in quite some time (maybe at the very back of my refrigerator. I'll check later.) But chablis? Oh, please!!!! Pat and Co. have been asleep through at least two vino iterations here in the upper Golden State. Chardonnay supplanted chablis about the last time I cleaned out my fridge. I don't believe that you can even buy chablis in San Francisco anymore. Then pinot grigio seductively crept in.

All I'm saying, Right Wing/Clintonistas, is this: field trip yourself to a Beverages 'N More in the Bay Area and then get back to me. We'll have some of the aged chablis and brie I just excavated from the dark corner of my ice box.

3 comments:

Heykateforever said...

You are too funny! As a centrist who probably leans to the right, I don't count myself in with the likes of Pat Buchanan, but I'm neither in the Hillary nor the Obama camps. Actually, I'm not much into McCain either. However, before I became unable to have alcohol (a time I remember with great fondness), I DID love a good Pinot Grigio. You might not get Hillary but maybe a more spirited discussion from a moderate "Right Winger" (appreciate the caps on that :) over some good old fashioned tea (that's UNsweetened iced tea, thank you) and brie.

And PS: yes, this is Heykate - hahaha

Heykateforever said...

Darn Google anyway - they wouldn't let me change my name to Kate H. Fredericks - evidently this nazi website, because I have a gmail account, only counts THAT one - I feel a blog coming on! :)

Wait, I think a lightbulb is going off - let's see if I can pull it off in my next opinion!

ejoanna said...

Kate you are also too funny!!Hahahahahahaha,as we say at H!N!!

Right now I am pretty sick of Everyone running for US president.

See ya,
eJ